What is the 24-hour cancellation policy?
There will be a full charge for sessions that are not cancelled within a 24-hour period. For new clients, our 24-hour cancellation policy requires you to pay upon booking the first appointment.
How do I book a session?
All first time sessions and drop-in sessions are booked online. Ongoing Private sessions are considered appointments and are booked internally through your UBSJ trainer.
What are the studio policies?
-Currently, as of 3/2/2022, masks are optional at our studio. If you would like your trainer to mask in your session, just ask and they are happy to mask for you! We recommend wearing a mask if you have any flu or cold symptoms and will always welcome masks in our space.
-Please note that we work closely with Doctor/Physical Therapist referrals and may require a note from your physician before your first session OR after your initial session to clear you for Pilates and GYROTONIC® exercise. This is to ensure your safety and health so that we can honor any contraindications you may have been given.
- All purchased session hold a 3-month purchase value. WE DO NOT EXTEND PACKAGES AFTER THEY EXPIRE.
-WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS.
- For safety and hygiene, all clients must wear sticky socks. Available for purchase at the studio.
- Please avoid wearing pants with buttons and zippers. No jeans. Wear comfortable clothing that you can move in and breathe in, and so that we can see the body to correct your alignment.
- Regularity of Practice: For optimal results and wellness, we recommend practicing three times per week. Please remember that Classical Pilates and the Gyrotonic method are practices, therefore having consistency is vital. A regular and consistent practice will accelerate your results and enhance your overall health.
- Please do not arrive more than ﬁve minutes before your session or class. We have an intimate studio and for the privacy of your sessions and those before you, please respect the time and arrive just before your scheduled appointment.
- When you arrive at Urban Body San Jose, please remove your shoes, put on your sticky socks and silence your cell phone.
- Please bring your own water bottle! We have a water refill station but do not provide cups.
- All classes and packages for sessions must be paid for when scheduling. We strongly advise that you book your sessions out a minimum of two months out as our studio is a fully booked studio and we want to make sure you are able to maintain your practice.
- We bill all cards on file for sessions after you have completed your first session. We do require a credit card on file to reserve an appointment
- All classes and packages purchased are non-refundable and expire within 3 months of purchase.
- Only clear liquids allowed in the studio.
-If your normal trainer is unavailable for your regular standing session(s), we will be in touch to let you know if we need to reschedule your day and time with another trainer or to let you know that your session will remain on the schedule with a different trainer. AT UBSJ, OUR TEAM WORKS WITH ALL OF OUR CLIENTS. PLEASE HAVE THE EXPECTATION THAT YOU WILL WORK WITH MANY OF OUR TRAINERS AT TIMES. This is the gift we give to our community that sets our studio apart from others. We work together so that our clients can thrive.
How do I pay for my sessions? BOOK A PRIVATE SESSIONSCHEDULE
Standing Private session appointments are scheduled internally and require a credit card on file for billing. First time Private Sessions and Drop-In Private Sessions are booked and paid for online.
What is The GYROTONIC® Method?
The Gyrotonic Method is a unique, holistic approach to movement. Benefits of regular practice include a healthier spine, increased range of motion, greater joint stability, improved agility and greater athletic performance. The Gyrotonic Method is practiced in classes under the instruction of a qualified Gyrotonic Trainer. With Gyrotonic exercises, each movement flows into the next, allowing the joints to move through a natural range of motion without jarring or compression. These carefully crafted sequences create balance, efficiency, strength and flexibility. We are fully equipped with Gyrotonic specialized equipment.
What is Classical Pilates?
Classical Pilates is an exercise method developed by Joseph Pilates nearly a century ago. The practice is a system of exercises using special apparatus designed to improve physical strength, flexibility and posture and enhance mental awareness. Classical Pilates focuses on a systematic approach to conditioning the body. It is a safe and corrective form of movement focusing on a series of mat exercises and exercises with various pieces of apparatus such as the Reformer, Wunda Chair, Cadillac, High Chair, and Tower/Wall unit. There are also other pieces of apparatus such as the Magic Circle, the Foot Corrector and the Toe Corrector to name a few. Urban Body San Jose is a fully equipped Classical studio with top of-the-line equipment. The work emphasizes both precision and flow exercises with the equipment working both control and stamina. During your practice, you will learn the six principles of Pilates: Concentration, Control, Centering, Breath, Precision and Flow.
What does being a BREATH based studio mean?
WE are a BREATH based studio! Why do we BREATHE? Breath and movement
should go hand in hand. At Urban Body San Jose, you will learn to breathe and
stimulate your nervous system in a way that will make you healthier and a more
powerful and happy human being. Classical Pilates and Gyrotonic training not only make
you physically fit and strong, but also mentally strong as the work requires you to be
present for the ultimate body-mind connection to bring balance to your life.